Starting a Club
In order to run a club, a coach must hold a Gymnastics Ireland Club Coach qualification
Where do I start?
- You will need 10 members to set up a club with Gymnastics Ireland
- You must register all your members with Gymnastics Ireland including club insurance and registration and nominate a club secretary.
- This can now be done online by contacting the Gymnastics Ireland administration to get your new club code.
The Logistics of setting up a Club
- Secure a venue and a suitably qualified coach
- Secure safe FIG standard equipment
- Organise administration procedures
- Get a trusted volunteer to act as children's officer
Running Events in my Club
Organisers of an Event (COMPETITION, CAMP or COACHING CLINIC) must receive Gymnastics Ireland approval before proceeding by submitting an “Approval Request” form except where the Event being organised is included on the automatic list of events approved by Gymnastics Ireland and therefore it may not be necessary to submit an Approval Request Form.
Garda Vetting is a pre-checking of an applicant’s background for criminal convictions or prosecutions and it is important to stress that Garda Vetting is one component part of normal recruitment and selection process and is used in conjunction with the other components referred to in the “Code of Ethics & Good Practice for Youth Sport in Gymnastics Ireland”. To learn more and see all Garda Vetting forms click below...
Child Protection, Code of Ethics and Safeguarding Training
Training is delivered through the Local Sports Partnership network (ROI) and SportNI (NI).
“Basic Awareness” Workshops are organised by the Local Sports Partnerships (LSP’S). Basic Awareness Workshops are a 3 hour programme. There is an additional Children’s Officer six hour Workshop organised through the LSP’s (but you must complete the Basic Awareness first).
“Safeguarding Young People & Children in Sport” workshops are organised by SportNI. This is a 3 hour workshop. There is also an additional 3 hour Workshop for Designated Children’s Safeguarding Officers. For more information click below...